Hiring Status: Full-Time Salaried
Application Closing Date: Review will begin on February 15, 2019 and remain open until position is filled
Salary: Commensurate with work experience, skills, and education
Company Overview: Quality Measures LLC is a Virginia-based consulting firm specializing in independent
comprehensive evaluation services and capacity building. Established in 2009, the firm has completed over 100 evaluations with colleges, universities, community-based organizations, and governmental agencies throughout the country. Our team members work collaboratively with clients to ensure that high quality, purposeful, and timely data are developed and shared as information for decision-making in a solution focused atmosphere.
Description: The primary work of the Evaluation & Research Associate will be to assist in creating and
implementing an evaluation infrastructure for large scale projects that include multiple institutions. This will also include, but not be limited to, developing an understanding of Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs), identifying evidence-based practices for collecting data across multiple institutions, reporting findings on impact for decision-making, and assisting with creating an evaluation capacity-building professional development program. The Evaluation & Research Associate will also support evaluation activities on other projects as well.
Qualifications: The applicant for the Evaluation & Research Associate position must have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in evaluation, social science, or related field and have completed at least 3 graduate credit hours of research methods and/or statistical courses. The applicant must have strong writing skills, require minimum supervision, have the ability to organize tasks with competing deadlines, willingness to ask questions, work in a team-oriented environment, maintain a professional demeanor, and demonstrate cultural sensitivity/awareness in a respectful and civil manner. Although not required, familiarity with an online survey platform is helpful.
1) Conduct literature review on data-collection instruments along with validity and reliability evidence
2) Assist in the design of data-collection instruments such as surveys, focus group/interview questions, and
observation rubrics based on instrument design research
3) Conduct basic qualitative and quantitative analyses, data cleaning, monitoring and tracking, and document
4) Create a database of assessment tools and projects
5) Conduct focus groups, phone interviews, and observations of group participants on various projects
6) Participate in phone and on-site meetings with clients
7) Research and gather information on evidence-based practices for evaluation
8) Assist with reporting of findings from various projects via presentations and reports
9) Support the development of an Evaluation Capacity Building Curriculum
10) Other duties as assigned
Please email a resume, cover letter, graduate school transcripts, and contact information for three professional references as ONE pdf file addressed to Sherrell Hendrix, Research Associate @QMTeam@qualitymeasuresllc.com or mail package to 131 Hanbury Road, West, Suite B, Chesapeake, VA 23322